Apple Pie Jam
SERVES: 8 People
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 1.5 hours
2 cups (1 Large Red Apple), peeled, cored, and finely diced (Use Granny Smith for extra tartness)
1 Fresh squeezed lemon
¼ Tsp Ceylon Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp Nutmeg
1/8 Tsp Ginger, grated
1 Cup Coconut Sugar, packed
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 Tsp Grass-fed Butter, salted
3 Tbsp Powdered Pectin
1 Cup Organic Honey
(Optional): Apple Pie Jam Topper
1 Cup Raw Almonds, crushed
1 Cup Raw Pecans, crushed
½ Cup Organic Honey
Sprinkle of Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
Sprinkle of Nutmeg
¼ Tsp Sea Salt
1/3 Tsp Grass-fed butter
1. Preheat water bath to 180 degrees F
2. Place all ingredients (except topping ingredients), into a large bowl and mix all ingredients together. Place mixed ingredients into 1 (1 gallon) vacuum pouch. Use your Vertical Vac Elite or remove as much air as possible and vacuum seal.
3. Submerge the pouches completely in the water for 1.5 hours until apples have softened.
4. Remove from water bath (be careful as the bags will be hot).
5. Carefully transfer all ingredients into glass jar and seal tightly. Allow to completely cool down.
6. Once completely cooled down, place sealed jar into refrigerator for 24 hours.
7. Enjoy on your favorite toast or ice cream!
(Optional Crumble Topping)
1. Mix crushed almonds, crushed pecans, and butter into pan on high for two minutes
2. In separate bowl, mix honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
3. Pour ingredients from pan into bowl and mix very well
4. Add this delicious crumble topping for added crunch and goodness!