Garlic Buttery Halibut
Posted on August 31 2022
Sous vide halibut stays perfectly moist and flaky, while still being able to obtain an amazing golden brown sear. Simple and Easy!
Garlic Butter Halibut
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
1 Lb. Fresh Halibut Filet
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
4 Lemons, Sliced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the water bath to 135 degrees F.
2. Season the halibut on both sides with salt and pepper, then add minced garlic, thyme, butter, and sliced lemons on each filet.
3. Use tongs and place halibut in a 1 (1 gallon) vacuum pouch in single layer. Use your Vac ‘n Seal, Vac ‘n Seal Elite, Chamber Vac Elite, Vertical Vac Elite, or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
4. Place pouch into the water bath and cook for 45 minutes, making sure fillets are fully submerged. Use sous vide weights if needed.
5. Once the timer is up, take the vacuum pouch from the water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot).
6. Carefully and gently remove halibut filets from pouch – use fish spatula or your hands to transfer onto large plate.
7. Let halibut cool in refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Then pat fillets until dry.
8. Set skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter. Gently add each fillet onto skillet and sear for about 20-30 seconds, or until browned on the surface.
9. Carefully remove and serve! Optional to add lemon or chopped parsley for garnish.