The perfect side dish does exist! Who can refuse a heaping spoonful of potatoes? If you like good ole' mashed potatoes, step it up a notch with this full-of-flavor masterful recipe!
With this buttery, cheesy, herb blend, these sous vide homemade potatoes will become a staple at any Thanksgiving gathering for years to come. So creamy and so dreamy.
I'll take seconds please! Mmmmm!
Garlic Herb & Cheese Mashed Potatoes
SERVES: 8-10 people
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 hours
3 lbs. Russet Potatoes, cubed
1 Stick of Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, cubed and at room temperature
2/3 Cup Organic Sour Cream
½ Cup Organic Heavy Cream
4 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Organic Rosemary sprig
1 Organic Thyme sprig
1 ½ Tsp of sea salt (Himalayan Pink salt if preferred), salt to taste
2 Cups of Organic Shredded Mild Cheddar
½ Cup Grated Parmesan
2 Organic Parsley Sprigs, finely chopped
½ Cup Organic Chives, chopped
1. Preheat water bath to 195 degrees F
2. Rinse and peel the potatoes
3. Peel garlic cloves then smash
4. Place the potatoes, garlic, rosemary, thyme, butter, and salt evenly in two 1-gallon our Vesta Vacuum Seal Pouches. Vacuum seal the bags using our Vacuum Sealer - Vac 'n Seal Elite (Moist Setting) or our Chamber Vacuum Sealer - Chamber Vac Elite
3. Submerge the pouches completely in the water for 2 hours until potatoes are completely tender. (Use a clamp or a metal bowl to hold down contents for some extra weight)
4. Remove from water bath (be careful as the bags will be hot). Pour all contents through a strainer into a medium bowl
5. Transfer potatoes (discard rosemary and thyme sprigs) into a large bowl and mash using a potato masher
6. Slowly stir the strained contents, cheese, heavy cream, and sour cream into the bowl of mashed potatoes
7. Garnish with parsley and serve!