Spiked Sous Vide Eggnog
SERVES: 6-8 people
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
3 Organic Egg Yolks
3 Organic Eggs
2 Cups Organic Whole Milk
1 ½ Cups Organic Heavy Cream
1 Tsp of Celtic or Pink Himalayan Salt
½ Cup Cane Sugar (Powdered Sugar optional)
1 Tbsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Brandy
½ Cup Bourbon Whiskey
6-8 Cinnamon Sticks
Whipping Cream (Optional)
2 Quart Mason Jars
1. Preheat water bath to 140 degrees F
2. Put all eggs into large bowl and beat well until creamy pale yellow (2-3 minutes).
3. Add nutmeg, sugar, and salt, milk, and heavy cream, and vanilla into the bowl and whisk until thick and foamy.
4. Slowly pour and stir in the bourbon and brandy until evenly distributed.
5. Pour all contents from bowl evenly into your 2-quart jars and place one cinnamon stick in each jar.
6. Put on lids and close finger-tip tight.
7. Add jars to water bath and cook for one hour.
8. Remove jars from water bath and place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
9. Serve in large punch bowl and add some whipping cream if you like!