By Michelle Ricciardelli
Bisque and soup season is here!
Butternut squash and sweet potatoes are some of our favorite harvests in autumn season. Paired with broccoli, carrots, onions and herbs, and prepared with our Imersa or Imersa Elite make it the perfect Fall bisque! Unlike traditional cooking, sous vide preserves all the nutrients, making your dish super healthy and perfect to keep you warm all season.
Rosemary, garlic, and thyme give the bisque a perfect blend of herbs to compliment the vegetables, while the coconut milk (optional) creates the mouthwatering creamy taste.
This bisque is a win-win!
Sous Vide Fall Veggie Bisque
SERVES: 6 – 8 people
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 hours
½ Organic Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
1 Organic Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
1 Cup Organic Broccoli, sliced (about 2-3 florets)
1 Cup Organic Carrots, sliced (2 large carrots)
½ Organic Red Onion, peeled and diced, or 6 Green Onions, ends trimmed
3 Cups Organic broth (chicken, beef, or vegetarian)
3 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Organic Rosemary sprig
1 Organic Thyme sprig
1 Tsp of sea salt (Himalayan Pink salt if preferred)
(Optional): ½ to 1 Cup Organic Coconut Cream to make it extra creamy
- Preheat water bath to 180 degrees F
- Place all ingredients except cream, into a large bowl and mix all ingredients together. Place mixed ingredients into 2 (1 gallon) vacuum pouches. Use your Vertical Vac Elite or remove as much air as possible and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches completely in the water for 2 hours until vegetables have softened.
- Remove from water bath (be careful as the bags will be hot) and allow to cool down until the bag can be handled before pureeing.
- Carefully transfer all ingredients into a blender and puree until bisque consistency.
- Place your bisque into a stock pot to reheat on low/medium. Serve with some coconut cream for extra creamy goodness and a side of warm artisan bread!