Sous Vide Bacon
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 12 hours
1 lb Organic Thick Cut Bacon
1. Preheat the water bath to 150 degrees F.
2. Place the bacon in a 1 (1 gallon) vacuum pouch. Use your Vac ‘n Seal, Vac ‘n Seal Elite, or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
3. Carefully place a vacuum-sealed pouch into the water bath for 10-12 hours.
4. Once the timer is up, take bacon from the water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot).
5. Let the bacon cool down to the touch. While cooling, separate bacon strips to avoid strips sticking together
6. Heat a skillet or pan to medium-high for about 5 minutes. Be careful as the skillet may smoke a bit.
7. Sear bacon strips for a couple of minutes on each side (or until desired crispness is achieved).
8. Remove strips once done to desired crisp and place on a paper towel-lined plate and voila!