PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
1 Can Organic Tomatoes, Crushed
3 Bay Leaves
½ Organic Purple Onion, Diced
1 Organic Carrot, Peeled and Diced
1 Cup Organic Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Organic Thyme Sprig,
1 Organic Fresh Oregano Sprig, stemmed
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Preheat water bath to 185 degrees F.
2. Place all ingredients in a 1 (1 gallon) vacuum pouch. Use your Vac ‘n Seal, Vac ‘n Seal Elite, Vertical Vac Elite, or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
3. Carefully place the vacuum-sealed pouch into the water bath for 1 hour.
4. Once the timer is up, take the vacuum pouch from the water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot). Open and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Discard the bay leaves and transfer all contents of the vacuum pouch into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and pureed. About 30 seconds should do.
6. Serve with pasta or garlic bread and enjoy!