Sous Vide Balsamic & Spiced Root Veggies
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
1 Organic Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
1 Bunch Organic Rainbow Carrots, chopped
1 Organic Purple or Yellow Onion, sliced
1 Organic Turnip, peeled and chopped
1 Organic Garlic Bulb, peeled and grated (or crushed)
1 Tsp Organic Celtic Sea Salt (or Pink Himalayan salt)
1 Tsp Organic Oregano flakes
2 Sprigs Organic Rosemary
2 Sprigs Organic Thyme
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Tsp Organic Turmeric, ground
1 Tbsp Organic Ginger, peeled and grated
2 Tbsp Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat water bath to 185 degrees F.
2. Combine and place vegetables, garlic, thyme, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, salt, EVOO, turmeric, and ginger in 1 (1 gallon) vacuum seal pouch. Use your Vertical Vac Elite or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag with moist setting.
3. Submerge the pouch in water bath for 1 hour.
4. Once timer is up, remove from water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot).
5. Transfer cooked vegetables to a large bowl, remove rosemary and thyme sprigs.
6. In the large bowl, sprinkle oregano, then toss everything together and serve!