SERVES: 10-12 people
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 - 6 hours
- 1 whole boneless turkey breast
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sage leaves
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fennel
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter for searing
- Preheat water bath using immersion circulator to 145 degrees F.
- Prepare the turkey breast. Using a sharp pairing knife, remove the skin (you can save this and put it to use if you want!). Trim any fat. Butterfly the thick part of the breast so it lays flat. Score the inside of the turkey breast (see video for this process). Season both sides with kosher salt.
- In a food processor, add all remaining ingredients except butter and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Spread the paste all over the scored side of the turkey breast, rubbing it into all the nooks and crannies. Roll up the turkey breast and secure it with butcher’s twine (again, reference video for help with this!).
- If you have a vacuum sealer, add to vacuum seal bag and vacuum seal. If not, add to gallon sized zipper top freezer bag and remove as much air as possible.
- Cook in preheated oven for 4-6 hours, then remove from the water bath. At this point, you can refrigerate until ready to serve if desired. If you choose to refrigerate, remove from the fridge one hour before serving.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Sear on all sides until deep golden brown.
- Slice and serve with gravy if desired.