PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 6 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Prepare and preheat water bath to 155 degrees F using your immersion circulator.
- Combine butter, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Remove the backbone (spatchcock) the chicken with sharp kitchen shears.
- Pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Rub the whole chicken with the butter mixture, including under the skin and the cavity.
- Place in a vacuum seal bag and vacuum seal. Place bag in waterbath and cook for 6 hours.
- At this point, you can refrigerate to finish later. Otherwise, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the chicken breast side up on the foil.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until skin is crisped and brown.