Please follow the process below in order to connect your Perfecta, Imersa, or Imersa Elite to your 2.4 Ghz wireless network.
Before connecting to your wi-fi network…
- Be sure to have the Vesta app installed from either Google Playstore for Android or Apple AppStore for Apple/iOS phones. Search for “Vesta sous vide” to find the correct app.
- Connect to your 2.4 GHz network on your smartphone and have the SSID and network password available.
- Open the Vesta app and register or login to your account. Be sure to accept all permissions! We only request the permissions necessary to connect the device to the network and provide the advertised functionality.
- Plug in the Perfecta, Imersa, or Imersa Elite and press the “Vesta” logo on Imersa or Power button on Imersa Elite and Perfecta to switch to standby mode.
While logged in to the app with the Imersa, Imersa Elite, or Perfecta in standby mode…
- Select “Manage Devices” or “Connect Devices” from the lower right-hand corner of the app.
- Click the “+” to add a new device.
- Select the SSID in use (the app will populate it by default) for the 2.4 GHz wireless network and enter the password before pressing “Next”.
- When prompted, press and hold the “°C/°F” and “Start/Stop” buttons until the Wireless icon on the Control Panel begins to flash.
- Click “Next” in the app to begin the pairing process.
- Keep the phone and the device in proximity to each other until the pairing process is complete, approximately 15 to 60 seconds.
If the pairing process fails, check that the phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz network, verify the password is correct, and keep the phone and device in close proximity before trying a second time. Also, be certain to have accepted all permissions requested by the Vesta sous vide app.
The wi-fi icon will flash quickly when enabled by pressing the “°C/°F” and “Start/Stop” buttons showing it is ready to receive the 2.4 GHz network SSID and password. Once it receives this information, it will begin to slowly blink as it attempts to log in to the network and once logged in, it will be on steadily. It is very important that the network be a 2.4 GHz network as the wireless module in our devices (and nearly all Internet of Things devices) use this bandwidth.
Be advised that if you are using advanced network security like MAC address filtering, you will need to disable it to allow the sous vide device to connect before adding the device’s MAC address to your Whitelist upon re-enabling your advanced security.