2 (12 to 16 oz) bone-in chicken breasts
1/2 cup taco seasoning
1/2 cup grated cheddar or cotija cheese based on preference
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 head of purple cabbage, shredded
8 flour or corn tortillas based on preference
2 cans refried beans
Tortilla chips for serving
Salsa for serving
- Preheat water bath to 140°F.
- Lay two chicken breasts on a cutting board and pat dry, cut into strips, removing bones and skin. Season each side with taco seasoning and place into a sous vide zipper cooking pouch. Once at temperature, seal each vacuum pouch with a Vesta Vac ‘n Sea and place in water bath. Set timer and cook for one hour.
- While chicken is heating, prep taco toppings (refried beans, cheese, salsa and cabbage).
- When the hour is complete, remove chicken from bag and shred or chop into bite size pieces and assemble tacos.
- Serve with chips and salsa as desired.