Sous Vide BBQ Pork Ribs
1/3 cup (109 g) paprika
1/3 cup (73 g) dark brown sugar
1/4 cup (72 g) kosher salt
1 tbsp (6 g) ground mustard
1 tsp (2 g) freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp (12 g) granulated garlic powder
1 tbsp (6 g) dried oregano
1 tsp (2 g) ground coriander
1 tsp (1 g) red pepper flakes
2 whole racks St. Louis–cut pork ribs
About 3/4 tsp (3ml) liquid smoke
Barbecue sauce (optional)
- Preheat water bath to 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except racks of ribs, liquid smoke, and barbecue sauce.
- Divide each rack of ribs into three to four portions with three to four ribs each by cutting through the meat in between the ribs.
- Rub ribs generously on all sides with the spice rub mixture.
- Place individual portions of rubbed ribs in vacuum bags. Add 4 drops (about 1/8 teaspoon) liquid smoke to each bag.
- Seal the bag, add to water bath, and cook for 36 hours.
- When finished cooking, preheat your oven to broil.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil. Remove ribs from bags and place on baking sheets. Brush with barbecue sauce if desired. Place under the broiler for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, then flip, until starting to brown and bubble.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired.