Cranberry Citrus Sparkler
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 4 Hours
bottle (750 ml) gin
3 ounces Cointreau or triple sec
2 large oranges, skin and pith removed
Zest of 1 orange
3 large sprigs fresh thyme
3 cups fresh cranberries
1 to 2 ounces prosecco or sparkling wine
Fresh rosemary sprig
1. Preheat the sous vide water bath to 160°F (71°C).
2. Pour the entire bottle of gin and all remaining ingredients into a 1-gallon sous vide pouch and vacuum seal completely.
3. Place the pouch into the water bath and cook for 4 hours.
4. Remove from water bath and quick chill in a large bowl of ice water for about 10 minutes.
5. Strain the infused gin through a fine mesh colander and discard all remaining ingredients.
6. Pour your infusion into a storage jar or container.
• Lowball glass
• 2 to 3 ounces infused gin
• Top with 1 to 2 ounces of sparkling wine
• Garnish with a few cranberries, fresh sprig of thyme, and a wedge of fresh orange