1 dozen eggs
1 bunch of scallions diced
1 cup grated gruyere cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
10 to 15, 4-ounce canning jars
- Preheat your water bath to 170 °F (76 °C).
- Place cottage cheese and eggs into a large mixing bowl and puree with immersion blender or a regular blender until smooth.
- Add the bacon, scallions, cheese, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Prepare your 4-ounce canning jars with cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into jars, dividing evenly amongst all cups, about ¾ of the way full. And secure the lid.
- Place the jars into the water and cook for one hour.
- Once cooked, remove them for the water bath and serve immediately. For a little variety, serve with fresh tomatoes and herbs, a dollop of crème fresh, hollandaise sauce or salsa.