(750 ml) bottle of Kentucky Bourbon
4 teaspoons of confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 orange peeled, pith removed and sliced into quarters
1 lime peeled, pith removed and sliced into quarters
10 mint leaves
Sparkling wine or Prosecco (reserve to finish cocktail)
1 Slice of orange and a sprig of mint
- Preheat the water bath to 165 °F (74 °C).
- Place Bourbon into a large measuring cup and add confectioners’ sugar. Mix well until completely dissolved.
- Add all other ingredients to a large 1-gallon vacuum seal pouch and then pour in the bourbon.
- Vacuum seal or remove as much air as possible to completely submerge pouch into the water bath.
- Cook and infuse for 2 hours.
- Remove and place bag directly into an ice water bath to cool down for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, strain all ingredients into a pitcher through a fine mesh sieve.
- To serve, measure 2 ounces of the infused bourbon over ice and top with sparkling wine or prosecco. Garnish with half an orange slice and mint. For a Martini, measure 4 ounces of the infused bourbon into a shaker filled with ice, stir to chill and pour into a martini glass with a twist of orange and a sprig of mint. Cheers!