Moroccan Lamb Stew
2 pounds well-trimmed boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
16 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat your sous vide water bath to 134°F (56°C).
- Mix together all ingredients, except onion and bell pepper in a bowl along with the lamb and toss to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add onion and red pepper and cook until soft, about 10 minutes and add to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Divide ingredients and place into two, 1 gallon sous vide pouches, evacuate as much air as possible and vacuum seal.
- Submerge pouch completely by using your sous vide universal rack in the water bath and cook for 8 hours.
Remove the sous vide pouch from the water batch and ladle into individual bowls. Serve with toasted flatbread.