2 pounds (900g) flank steak
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups (80g) fresh Italian parsley
2 cups (80g) fresh cilantro chopped
4 medium garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablepoon caper juice
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ cup (180ml) olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 132°F (55.5°C).
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper, before placing into a 1 gallon(3.80 liter) vacuum pouch and vacuum sealing.
- Submerge the pouch completely in the water bath and cook for 10 hours
- To create the chimichurri sauce, place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Add the olive oil and pulse until all ingredients are combined.
- Once cooked, remove the flank steak from the vacuum pouch and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a skillet on a high heat, sear the flank steak on each side for approximately 15 seconds.
- To serve, thinly slice the flank steak and transfer onto individual plates. Pour over the chimichurri sauce and serve