PREP TIME: 7 Days
COOK TIME: 48 Hours
Delve into the world of gourmet cooking with this exquisite sous vide corned beef recipe. By using the sous vide cooking method, you ensure that the corned beef is cooked to perfection, with flavors that are evenly distributed throughout the meat. The precise temperature control of sous vide cooking allows the brisket to become tender and succulent, making it an irresistible dish for any occasion. When you choose to make sous vide corned beef, you're opting for a method that elevates the traditional corned beef experience to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Why Sous Vide Corned Beef Stands Out
The sous vide technique brings several advantages to the table when preparing corned beef:
- Even Cooking: The sous vide process cooks the corned beef evenly, eliminating the risk of overcooked edges or an undercooked center.
- Enhanced Flavor: Seasonings and spices have more time to penetrate the meat, resulting in a more flavorful dish.
- Ultimate Tenderness: The low and slow cooking breaks down the connective tissues without drying out the meat, ensuring every slice is tender.
- Convenience: Once you've sealed the corned beef in a vacuum bag, the sous vide machine does the rest, freeing you up to focus on other aspects of your meal.
By choosing sous vide corned beef brisket, you're not just cooking; you're crafting a culinary masterpiece that's sure to impress.
- Half a brisket
- 40 g coriander
- 40 g peppercorns
- 20 g dry mustard seed
- 40 g dill seed
- 4 g clove, divided
- 4 g chili flake, divided
- 126 g salt
- 7 g prague Powder No. 1
- ⅓ cup (65 g) brown sugar
- 12 cups (3 liters) water, cold
- 50 g coriander
- 42 g peppercorns
- 27 g dry mustard seed
- 27 g dill seed
- 4 g clove
- 4 g chili flake
- 4 g dried rosemary
- Begin your sous vide corned beef brisket journey by preparing the brine. In a large vacuum sealable bag or zipper-top bag, add all the brine ingredients and stir to combine. The quality of your brine is crucial, as it imparts flavor and tenderness to the corned beef.
- Submerge the brisket in the brine within the bag. For optimal results, if using a vacuum sealable bag, place the top into the vacuum sealer and seal firmly—no need to vacuum seal at this stage.
- Allow the sealed brisket to marinate in the brine in the refrigerator for 7 days, flipping occasionally to ensure the brine is evenly distributed.
- Once the brining process is complete, remove the brisket from the bag and pat it dry with paper towels. Discard the brine mixture.
- To achieve the perfect sous vide cooking environment, fill and preheat your water bath to 140 °F (60 °C) using a Vesta Precision sous vide machine. The precision of Vesta's equipment ensures your corned beef sous vide will be cooked evenly and to the exact desired temperature.
- Prepare the rub by adding all its ingredients to a small plastic bag. Gently pound the spices using a meat tenderizer or a pint glass to slightly break them, releasing their aromatic flavors.
- Generously season the brisket with the rub, making sure it's evenly coated. This step infuses the meat with a robust flavor profile that complements the tenderness achieved through sous vide cooking.
- Place the brisket into a vacuum sealable bag, remove the air, and seal it. This step is crucial for sous vide cooking as it prevents water from entering and ensures even cooking. Submerge the bagged brisket in the water bath and cook for 48 hours. The extended cook time allows for the transformation of the brisket into a tender and flavorful corned beef masterpiece.
- After the sous vide process is complete, remove the brisket from the water bath and the bag. Rest it on a cutting board and slice into thin servings. The corned beef sous vide brisket is now ready to be savored, each slice a testament to the art of precision cooking.