Sous Vide Rack of Lamb with Feta Herb Sauce
1 rack of lamb (approximately 8 chops)
Dried herb blend (i.e. Italian seasoning)
Flaked sea salt (optional)
Feta Herb Sauce:
¼ cup (1 oz) feta cheese
2 tbsp (35 grams) greek yogurt
1 tbsp (4 grams) finely chopped mint
1 tbsp (4 grams) finely chopped parsley
1 tsp (1 gram) finely chopped rosemary
¼ tsp (.5 gram) red pepper flakes
1 tsp (7 grams) honey
- Preheat water bath to 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) for rare, 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium-rare,138 degrees F (59 degrees C) for medium, and 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) for medium-well. We recommend medium-rare.
- Season the rack of lamb generously with kosher salt and dried herb blend.
- Place in vacuum sealable bag and seal. Add to water bath and cook for 2-3 hours.
- While the lamb is cooking, prep the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When done cooking, remove from vacuum sealed bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place lamb on baking sheet and place under broiler. Broil until browned, then flip and broil until the other side is browned.
- Lightly sprinkle with flaked sea salt, if desired. Cut along the bones using a sharp chef’s knife to create lamb chops.
- Serve with feta herb sauce.