Sous Vide Shrimp Scampi
1 pound (16 oz) peeled and deveined raw shrimp
1 ½ tsp (1 g) kosher salt
½ tsp (.5 g) freshly cracked black pepper
3 tbsp (60 g) butter
5 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup (60 mL) dry white wine
¼ cup (5 g) fresh chopped parsley, 1 tbsp (1 g) reserved for garnish
- Preheat water bath to 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) for very rare, 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for rare,135 degrees F (57 degrees C) for medium-rare, and 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium. We recommend medium.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to a vacuum seal bag, remove the air and seal.
- Add the bag to the preheated water bath and cook for 15 minutes - 1 hour.
- While the shrimp is cooking, make the sauce. Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat to melt. Once melted, add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Pour white wine into the saucepan. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add the parsley (except the reserved tbsp) and stir until completely combined.
- Remove from the bag and serve. Garnish with reserved parsley. Serve with crusty french bread.