Sous Vide Spring Risotto
1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 leek, chopped (white and green parts)
½ cup (120 mL) dry white wine
1 cup (90 g) Arborio rice
2 cups (600 mL) chicken or vegetable broth
6 stalks thin asparagus, woody parts removed and diced into 1 inch pieces
3/4 cups (4 oz) shelled spring peas
1 tsp (1 g) salt
½ tsp (.5 g) freshly cracked black pepper
¼ cup (½ oz) sun dried tomatoes, julienned
⅓ cup (33 grams) grated Parmesan
2 tbsp (8 g) roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat water bath to 185 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and chopped leek. Saute for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant and leek is starting to soften.
- Add the white wine and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the rice, broth, asparagus, spring peas, salt, pepper, and cooled leek and garlic mixture to a vacuum sealable bag. Use the Vertical Vac Elite to remove the air from the bag and seal.
- Add bag to the water bath and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, open and transfer contents to a serving bowl. Add the sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan to the rice mixture. Stir and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.