1 bottle (750 ml) light rum
1 pound strawberries, hulled and cut into halves
4 limes, zested and juiced
4 lemons, zested and juiced
Lime or lemon wedges
Sugar for rim
- Preheat the sous vide water bath to 135°F (57°C).
- In a 1-gallon vacuum pouch, add the rum, strawberries, lime, lemon zest and juice and vacuum seal.
- Remove the bag and place in a bowl of ice water to chill.
- Strain the infused rum, reserving the strawberries, and decant rum into a clean sealable bottle. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Rub the rims of the glasses with a bit of lime or lemon, then add sugar to a shallow dish and dip the rim into the sugar, set aside.
To Make the Strawberry Cooler:
- 2 ounces infused rum
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, add some ice, infused rum, simple syrup and gently shake and strain.
- Pour into the sugar rimmed glasses, garnish with Lime slices and fresh strawberries.