bottle (750ml) vodka
2 whole vanilla beans, split
3 pears chopped, stem and seeds removed
3 cups water
¼ cup simple syrup
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Prosecco or sparkling wine to taste
- Preheat your sous vide water bath to 165°F (74°C).
- Place the vodka, vanilla beans, pears, simple syrup and lemon juice in a gallon size vacuum seal pouch, removing as much air as possible and seal.
- Place bag in water bath for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from water bath and strain the syrup through a fine mesh cylinder.
- Discard pear skin while reserving vanilla bean for garnish. Chill the infusion until ready to serve.
- To serve, add 1-2 tablespoons of chilled infusion to each glass and top with Prosecco. Garnish with a slice pear.